ARC DECRA Fellowships 2016
Up to a maximum of $136,206 per year of funding. Per annum salary contribution from the ARC is fixed at $96,206 (inc. 28% on costs, based on 2015$) and up to a maximum of $40,000 for project costs per year.
A scheme for early career researchers (ECRs) which forms a part of the ARC's Discovery program. The objectives of the scheme are to:
- Support and advance promising early career researchers
- Promote enhanced opportunities for diverse career pathways
- Focus research effort in the Strategic Research Priority areas to improve research capacity and policy outcomes; and
- Enable research and research training in high quality and supportive environments
NB DECRAs will be awarded for funding in 2016 for a period of up to 3 years on a full time basis. A researcher may only apply for up to 2 DECRAs over the period in which they are eligible.
|10 October 2014||Supported Nomination Form from Faculty/Institute -requires Faculty/Institute endorsement + 1 page CV + full list of publications||Mandatory||Via email to email@example.com|
|15 October 2014||Grants Office to contact supported applicants, confirm place at workshop and invite them to proceed with their applications according to Faculty/Institute processes and time lines||Invitation only|
|19 & 21 November 2014||DECRA Workshop||Invitation only|
19th Nov-Waurn Ponds campus
21st Nov- Burwood campus
|9am 21 January 2015||Submission of Eligibility Exemption on RMS|
Once submitted please advise the Grants Office by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|9am 18 February 2015||D2 Organisational Statement in Word format|
|Via email to email@example.com|
|9am 25 February 2015||
Final application on RMS|
Via RMS - Submit to Research Office|
Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
|9am 4 March 2015||Request Not to Assess||If required||Via email to email@example.com|
How to apply:
2. Liaise with your Faculty/Institute
3. Submit a Nomination Form to your Faculty/Institute
4. Wait to see whether the Grants office invites your full application
5. Attend DECRA Workshop
6. Commence your online application in the ARC Research Management System - RMS
7. Use the DU templates provided below and liaise with your Case Manager as necessary
8. Organise relevant certification forms
ARC 2016 documents
Please note: issues may arise in opening some pdf's in Chrome.
- Funding Rules
- Instructions to Applicants
- Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ'S
- Eligibility Exemption Request: Instructions to Applicants
- Cross Scheme Eligibility FAQ's
- Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) Statement
- Strategic Research Priorities
- ARC Medical Research Policy, FAQ's and examples
- ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
- Conflict of Interest
- Request not to Assess form
If requesting a PhD stipend from the ARC, request at $25,406 pa (based on 2014 amounts). Only one PhD may be requested per proposal.
- Deakin University Salary Calculator
- Deakin University Data Management advice
- Role of Researchers, Faculties/SRC's and Grants Office
DU Templates and Forms - 2016 documents
The following documents will be made available when the Instructions to Applicants 2016 are released.
Information sessions will be run at Burwood and Waurn Ponds, applicants will be advised.