ARC Industrial Transformation Centre 2015
Australian Research Council
Industrial Transformation Training Centres 2015
The minimum level of funding provided by the ARC under Industrial Transformation Training Centres is $650,000 per year for the first three (3) years and $150,000 in the fourth year. There is no minimum level of funding provided by the ARC in the fifth year. The maximum level of funding is $1 million per year per Project, for each year of the Project
A Project may be applied for and awarded funding for four(4) or five (5) consecutive years.
This is one element of the ARC's Industrial Transformation Research Program which is funded under the Linkage Program.
The Industrial Transformation Training Centre is a scheme that fosters close partnerships between university-based researchers and other research end-users to provide innovative Higher Degree by Research (HDR) and postdoctoral training for the end-user focused research industries vital to Australia's future.
Each Training Centre should fund at least ten (10) Higher Degree by Research candidates and three (3) postdoctoral fellows at the rates as indicated by the ARC
The objectives of this scheme are to:
- foster opportunities for Higher Degree by Research candidates and postdoctoral fellows to pursue industrial training and to enhance competitive research in collaboration between universities and organisations outside the Australian higher education sector; and
- strengthen Australia's Industrial Transformation Training Priorities to supplement the capabilities of industries and other research end-users
- food and agriculture;
- oil and gas, including petroleum;
- mining and mining services; and
- medical devices and biotechnology.
|24 Sept 2014||Notice of intent to submit (NOIS)||Mandatory||Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
|19 Nov 2014||Request not to assess||Optional||Via email to email@example.com|
|19 Nov 2014||Final application on RMS and Certification forms and PDF partner letters||Mandatory||Certification forms and PDF partner letters via email to firstname.lastname@example.org|
How to apply:
- Funding Rules
- Key changes to funding rules
- Instructions to applicants
- Sample application
DU Templates & Forms - to be provided
- Certification form (for all participants)
- Strategic Research Priorities
- ARC Medical Research Policy
- Role of Researchers, Faculties/SRCs and Grants Office (DOCX, 29.8 KB)