A New Approach to Bipolar Depression
Do you have bipolar disorder and are looking for something more than your usual treatment?
To study the benefits of adding a combination of vitamins and other natural compounds to your usual treatment for bipolar depression.
It is believed that in bipolar depression there may be an abnormality in energy metabolism, resulting in interference with normal brain function. There is evidence to suggest that this combination treatment may improve some of the symptoms of this illness.
Persons eligible for this trial
Anyone who has bipolar disorder and is currently experiencing symptoms of depression.
Key points for participants
- The trial will NOT involve any costs.
- Participants will continue their usual treatment.
- The treatment trial will last four months.
- You will attend a final visit four weeks after the treatment trial.
- We will meet with you at least seven times over the course of the trial.
This trial is a joint venture between Barwon Health, The Melbourne Clinic, and the Royal North Shore Hospital in Sydney.
Persons wishing to take part in the trial can obtain more information from: