ARC Linkage Projects Continuous Rounds (Submissions from 1 Jan 2017)
|Submit Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) (DOCX, 21.1 KB) to firstname.lastname@example.org||M||13 April 2017|
|Submit application to Research Office via RMS||M||19 June 2017|
|Email completed certification forms to email@example.com||M||19 June 2017|
|Internal Grantsmanship Review process begins at Faculty/Institute level||M||20 June 2017|
|Research Office begins compliance checking||M||05 July 2017|
|Submit Request not to assess form to firstname.lastname@example.org (If applicable)||O||05 July 2017|
|Research Office submits to ARC||31 July 2017|
|Submit Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) (DOCX, 21.1 KB) to email@example.com||M||01 August 2017|
|Submit application to Research Office via RMS||M||19 October 2017|
|Email completed certification forms to firstname.lastname@example.org||M||19 October 2017|
|Internal Grantsmanship Review process begins at Faculty/Institute level||M||20 October 2017|
|Research Office begins compliance checking||M||6 November 2017|
|Submit Request not to assess form to email@example.com (If applicable)||O||6 November 2017|
|Research Office submits to ARC||M||30 November 2017|
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
Please note the Research Office will notify you when assessor reports are available and rejoinders are due.
The ARC have moved to a process of continuous Linkage rounds from 1 July 2016.
Intending applicants should contact Deakin Research – Commercial to discuss their application and their potential industry partners.
The objectives of the Linkage Projects scheme are to:
- Support the initiation and/or development of long-term strategic research alliances between higher education organisations and other organisations, including industry and other research end-users, in order to apply advanced knowledge to problems and/or to provide opportunities to obtain national economic, commercial, social or cultural benefits
- Provide opportunities for internationally competitive research projects to be conducted in collaboration with organisations outside the higher education sector, targeting those who have demonstrated a clear commitment to high-quality research
- Encourage growth of a national pool of world-class researchers to meet the needs of the broader Australian innovation system
- Build the scale and focus of research in the national Science and Research Priorities.
Funding amounts are a minimum $50,000 pa up to maximum $300,000 pa.
How to apply
- Read the Funding Rules and changes, Instructions to Applicants and FAQ's
- Liaise with your Faculty/Institute/SRC and follow internal processes for approval.
- Submit a Notice of Intention to Submit (NOIS) (DOCX, 21.1 KB)
- Provide the Partner Pack (provided below) to your Partner Organisations (PO). Your Deakin Research Commercial Manager can assist with questions from PO
- Complete your online application in RMS - use DU templates provided below. Once completed select 'Submit to Research Office'.
- The Faculty ADR / IFM Director will assign assessors to review your application
- Assessments and application will be considered by DVCR
- Assessment comments will be passed to you for your consideration
- Your application will be de-submitted in RMS for you to refine
- Once finalised, select 'Submit to Research Office' again.
- Organise relevant certification forms and send to Deakin Research Grants.
Documents and information
Additional documentation can be found on the ARC website - Information for Applicants.
- Research Opportunity and Performance Evidence (ROPE) Statement
- ARC Medical Research Policy, FAQ's and examples
- ARC Research Integrity and Research Misconduct Policy
- ARC Open Access Policy for publications arising from ARC funded projects.
- ARC Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Policy
- National Principles of Intellectual Property Management for Publicly Funded Research
- Research Impact Principles and Framework
Templates, forms and tools
Templates, certification form, partner pack and other resources are available below.
- Template Part C1 - Project Description
- Template Part D3 - Evidence of Collaboration
- Template Part D4 - Partner Organisation Letter
- Template Part F1 – Justification of Funding Requested from the ARC
- Template Part F2 – Details of Partner Organisation and other Non-ARC contributions
- Template Part G12 - ROPE Recent Significant Research Outputs and ARC grants from 2007 onwards
- Template Part G13 - ROPE Ten Career-Best Research Outputs
- Template Part H1 - Research Support for all Participants
- Template Part H2 - Statements on Progress for ARC Funded Projects
- Certification form for all Investigators and Institutions