NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowships
Joint National Health Medical Research Council & Australian Research Council
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
This joint NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowships Scheme provides opportunities for postdoctoral researchers to undertake advanced training in the health, medical, fundamental sciences, social, economic and cultural fields relevant to dementia, in either Australia or overseas.
The scheme aims to support the best emerging dementia researchers and attract scientists into dementia research from other fields, such as neurobiology, immunology, chemistry, bioengineering, information and communications technology, genomics, epidemiology and cell and vascular biology.
Funding will support fellows to undertake research (with nominated supervisors) under a dementia priority framework based on national and international strategies, and spanning primary prevention, secondary prevention, treatment and quality of life and care.
Successful fellows will also be an integral part of the NHMRC National Institute for Dementia Research and will contribute to the Institute's goals to expand dementia research in Australia, ensure better integration with international research and form a focus for rapid translation of evidence into policy and practice.
How to apply
- Liaise with your faculty/SRC.
- Submit a Nomination Form (DOC, 30.1KB).
- Read the Funding Rules and Instructions to Applicants.
- Commence your online application on RGMS.
- Work with your case manager.
- Organise relevant certification forms.
NHMRC application templates
- Grant Proposal Template (DOCX, 18KB) - Please note that applicants must use this template to complete their Grant Proposal.
- RGMS Offline Application form Part A - applicable to all NHMRC Schemes
- RGMS Offline Application form Part B - specific to NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowship
- NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowships Scheme Supervisor Report - with RGMS profile (DOC, 62KB)
- NHMRC-ARC Dementia Research Development Fellowships Supervisor Report - no RGMS profile (DOC, 61KB)
- CV - please complete/update your profile and CV online via RGMS