National Health and Medical Research Council
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
The NHMRC–EU Collaborative Research Grants scheme aims to help Australian researchers participate in multinational, collaborative projects.
They'll work with international researchers who have been selected for funding under the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing or the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) calls.
Projects involving Australian researchers based in Australia that are chosen by the European Commission (EC) for funding may be eligible for NHMRC support of up to $500,000.
Applications for NHMRC–EU Scheme grants are only required to be submitted to NHMRC if an application has been peer reviewed by the EC, and is favourably evaluated for funding.
To ensure applications address an area of research that is of benefit to Australia, applications will only be eligible for NHMRC Support if they have been submitted to the European Commission under the following Horizon 2020: Societal Challenges – Health, Demographic Change and Wellbeing calls:
- SC1-PM-18-2016: Big Data supporting Public Health policies.
- SC1-PM-21-2016: Implementation research for scaling-up of evidence based innovations and good practice in Europe and low- and middle-income countries.
- SC1-PM-04 -2016: Networking and optimising the use of population and patient cohorts at EU level.
- SC1-PM-06-2016: Vaccine development for malaria and/or neglected infectious diseases.
- SC1-PM-09-2016: New therapies for chronic diseases.
or the following Food security, sustainable agriculture and forestry, marine and maritime and inland water research and the bioeconomy calls:
- SFS-38-2016: Impulsivity and compulsivity and the link to nutrition, lifestyle and the socio-economic environment.
- SFS-37-2016: The impact of consumer practices in food safety: risks and mitigation strategies.
Funding rules will be released mid-November 2016. For more information, visit NHMRC-EU grant webpage.
How to apply
- Submit a Notice of Intent to Submit (NOIS) (DOC, 18.2KB) form by email to Deakin Research Grants
- Liaise with your faculty/SRC.
- Read the Funding Rules and Instructions to Applicants (Refer to NHMRC website).
- Commence your online application in the NHMRC Research Grants Management System - RGMS.
- Work with your case manager.
- Organise relevant Certification forms and consents.
- Final application must be on RGMS by Final application due date; email snapshot reports, certification forms, consent forms & all uploaded documents to Deakin NHMRC Submissions
Please note that minimum data requirements must be met on RGMS by the NHMRC deadline. Applications that miss this deadline will not be able to submit an application to the NHMRC.
Current documents will be available for each scheme on RGMS open date.