Translating Research Into Practice (TRIP) Fellowships
National Health and Medical Research Council
O - Optional / M - Mandatory
NHMRC TRIP Fellowships provide support for health care professionals (e.g medical specialists, general practitioners, public health practitioners, physiotherapists, nurses, midwives, radiologists, and other allied health providers), health care personnel (health service managers, hospital department leaders, clinical trial managers) health systems personnel, health researchers and health policy makers to translate evidence into health care and public health improvements.
Note: In the context of the TRIP Fellowship, a policy maker is defined as someone who contributes significantly to the development of a health policy or policy decisions. The person must also be actively implementing or contributing significantly to the implementation of policy into practice.
The Fellowships provide for 0.5 of a full time equivalent position and ensure time for Fellows to develop the range of skills needed for leadership in research translation within their career. TRIP Fellowships are not designed to support applicants already established as health care leaders.
See NHMRC TRIP Fellowship webpage for more information.
How to apply
- Submit a Nomination Form (DOC, 29.6KB).
- Liaise with your Faculty/Institute.
- Read the Funding Rules and Instructions to Applicants on NHMRC website.
- Commence your application in the NHMRC Research Grants Management System - RGMS.
- Work with your case manager.
- Organise relevant certification form.
- Final application must be on RGMS by Final application due date; email snapshot reports, certification form, consents & all uploaded documents to Deakin NHMRC Submissions
NHMRC application templates
- Please download the Grant Proposal from the NHMRC TRIP Fellowship webpage.