Writing and Reading News
Aim: to demonstrate the limitations of TV news writing; how TV news has to use brevity and conciseness.
You will Need:
- A copy of the morning newspaper
What to do:
- Distribute newspapers to students
- 20 minutes to write a news update ... essentially the headlines to promote the upcoming news programme.
- Your 30 second news update must include:
- One international story
- One national story
- One local story
- One sport/weather story
- When completed, student read their news updates to the class while being timed.