Architecture and Building alumni history
In the Beginning
An impressive history of architectural graduates educated in Geelong exists since 1887.a+b Alumni members include everyone who began their studies at the School of Architecture, Gordon Institute of Technology, which moved to Waurn Ponds campus around 1973.
A New Campus
In 1977 we became Deakin University and in 1996, the School relocated to the Woolstores campus as the School of Architecture and Built Environment. The Woolstores campus was later renamed the Waterfront campus. Regular architecture alumni reunions held in Australia and overseas since 2000 have maintained contact and friendships between nationally based alumni members with our international colleagues. The numbers who attend the alumni events are a testimony to the loyalty and solidarity that continues to exist.
Architecture, Building and Construction Management Graduates
The School alumni membership has expanded over the years to include architecture graduates, building graduates and construction management graduates.