Welcome to the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
The Faculty offers a range of exciting undergraduate and postgraduate courses and conducts fundamental and applied research in our four schools:
Science, Engineering and Built Environment at Deakin University has distinctive objectives which are expressed through our four core values aligned to teaching and learning, research and research training, community engagement and staff empowerment. Our aim is to provide:
- a stimulating and supportive environment for study, in which students have ample opportunities to interact with staff and be exposed to the cutting edge of research relevant to their courses
- highly relevant courses in science and technologies, producing well-informed, employable and adaptable graduates with a broad skill base, an understanding of their chosen field and its social and commercial contexts, and a capacity for life-long learning
- innovative research that creates new knowledge in science and technologies with far-reaching applications for the benefit of industry and our community
- promotion, awareness, understanding and enriching study of science and technologies in schools and the wider community
- opportunities for staff to achieve their full potential by providing a dynamic and supportive working environment in which the Faculty and its staff may continually develop intellectually and professionally.
Courses are offered at the Melbourne Burwood Campus, Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus, Geelong Waterfront Campus and Warrnambool Campus. This blend of regional and city campuses enables Deakin to offer a unique range of opportunities for undergraduate and postgraduate study and for staff sabbaticals.
Professor Trevor Day
Pro Vice-Chancellor (Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment)