Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment Work Integrated Learning
The Science, Engineering and Built Environment Work Integrated Learning Program (WIL) enables you to incorporate a full or part time industry work placement as part of your degree and counts as credit towards your degree.
Industry placements play a valuable role in preparing you for graduate employment and increase your employability. Placements give you the opportunity to gain discipline and non-discipline specific industry exposure.
It is important that you consider WIL to develop and learn new professional skills and practice the theory you learn in class.
WIL experiences are a key advantage on your resume and they help to:
- bridge the gap between the theory and practice in your discipline
- apply and consolidate knowledge gained in your course
- gain discipline specific and non-discipline industry exposure
- help develop good work practices
- experience work place culture
- explore career options relevant to your discipline
- help develop a professional network