The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment has a strong domestic and international reputation in research and teaching, underpinned by our excellent industry links and partnerships. Thanks to these partnerships, our curriculum is forward thinking and responds to the needs of the industries students will eventually work in.
Our industry engagement
The faculty places a priority on industry
engagement. It directly influences what we do, both in research and in our
teaching. Our dedicated research partnership managers facilitate industry
engagement and support ongoing relationships.
Our objective is to:
- undertake research that makes a difference, through identification of research areas of social and economic benefit
- align expertise and priorities to industry needs
- stimulate innovation and collaboration
- turn our research into new products and services
- assist student learning experiences through work-integrated placement opportunities.
We actively seek industry partnerships and have a range of initiatives to facilitate collaborative engagement, including funding support for joint research and industry PhD scholarships.
ManuFutures is a purpose-built advanced manufacturing innovation hub, with flexible manufacturing spaces available for lease within the heart of Deakin University's Geelong Innovation Precinct at our Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
ManuFutures offers tenants access to the research and knowledge of the University as well as an extensive range of business support, centralised corporate facilities and front of office functions.
Study in Colombo, Sri Lanka on a pathway to Deakin
Our international teaching partnership with the Royal Institute of Colombo (RIC) means that you could spend your:
- first two years of study in Sri Lanka as part of Deakin's Bachelor of Engineering degree
- initial year of study in Colombo if you're planning on coming to Deakin to study our Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Biological Science or Bachelor of Biomedical Science degrees.
Study in China on a pathway to Deakin
Deakin has partnered with these four Chinese institutions to deliver Sino-Foreign Joint Programs approved by the Ministry of Education in China:
- Wuhan University of Science and Technology (WUST)
- Southwest University (SWU)
- Inner Mongolia Normal University (IMNU)
- Hubei University (HU).
If you're a student studying in China you may be eligible to enrol in the joint program in mechanical engineering (WUST), information technology (SWU/IMNU) or environmental science (HU).
You'll have the option to transfer to Deakin to complete additional units on campus in Australia and receive the Deakin degree.
Study in Indonesia on a pathway to Deakin
A dual degree in IT will set you up for success. It will empower you to pursue new opportunities and stay in touch with the rapidly changing technological world.
If you're studying either the Master of Engineering in Information Security or Master of Engineering in Service Engineering at Institut Teknologi Bandung, you have the opportunity to also gain the Deakin degree by applying to study the Master of Information Technology (Professional) at Deakin in Australia.
Interested in partnering with us?
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment is always open to new partnerships. We're looking specifically for connections that can help with:
- teaching partnerships and opportunities
- research opportunities and advice
- guest lectures and contributions from industry
- internships and industry-based learning placements
- graduate employment opportunities.
Research Partnerships Manager
Dr Ashley Bowen
+61 3 9244 3740
Email Dr Bowen
Associate Dean, International Research Engagement
Professor Wanlei Zhou
+61 3 9251 7603
Email Professor Zhou
Associate Dean, International and International Teaching Partnerships
Professor Bas Baskaran
+61 3 5227 2827
Email Professor Baskaran
Program Manager, Work Integrated Learning
+61 3 9251 7624
Email Ana Ferreira
Industry Engagement Manager, Work Integrated Learning
+61 3 9244 5220
Email Mark Tolson