ManuFutures is a purpose-built advanced manufacturing innovation hub, with flexible manufacturing spaces available for lease within the heart of Deakin University’s Geelong Innovation Precinct at our Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus.
Developed in partnership with the Victorian Government, the advanced manufacturing hub and accelerator will support emerging enterprises within the Barwon Region.
ManuFutures offers tenants access to the research and knowledge of the University as well as an extensive range of business support, centralised corporate facilities and front of office functions.
ManuFutures will support the development of 15 viable advanced manufacturing industries in the Geelong region.
This innovation hub offers a unique opportunity for creative and inspirational manufacturing enterprises that are designing for the future. Not only will they share the hub, which facilitates collaboration, but they'll also be able to leverage the expertise of Deakin's researchers, as well as our undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Ultimately, ManuFutures will contribute to the creation of high skill, high value jobs that can survive in the competitive global market.
ManuFutures is due to be operational in December 2017.
ManuFutures at a glance
Tenants will have access to research staff, advanced equipment and multidisciplinary business and technical expertise, from both Deakin and our partner organisations.
Find out more about the benefits and opportunities for tenants, below.
Tenants have access to:
- flexible accommodation, including production areas from 150m2 upwards and office space
- collaborative working areas, breakout spaces, meeting and video-conference rooms
- centralised corporate facilities including front of office support, reception and a concierge service
- an events calendar focused on innovation, business knowledge, technical expertise, governmental access, capital raising and entrepreneurial activity
- project management support and mentoring, including business development and planning, financial planning and capital raising assistance
- Deakin's Work Integrated Learning students, through structured placement programs
- key Deakin research teams and researchers that align to their aims
- specialist technologies, equipment and knowledge through various Deakin centres.
Work alongside experts
Tenants work alongside internationally recognised experts in the field of collaborative innovation, and share the facility with like-minded businesses.
Other partner organisations already represented on campus include:
- Carbon Revolution
- SEA Automotive
- Carbon Nexus.
Ease of access
ManuFutures is set on a corner block location which offers easy transport access, ample turn around capacity and full height roller doors for heavy vehicles.
ManuFutures will provide flexible leased production and administrative space for enterprises during their market penetration and growth phase, enabling and accelerating this growth through supporting their infrastructure and activities.
We offer all kinds of tenancy arrangements and can:
- accommodate micro businesses through hot desks that can be hired on a monthly basis
- support networks within inspiring co-working spaces
- supply large and small production bays that can be leased for up to five years, and are ready to fit out based on tenants' specific needs
- provide offices that can be leased for up to five years.
Tenancy enquiries are now being taken and early tenants will be assigned spaces in July and August 2017.
HeiQ sees great merit in the Deakin ManuFutures Geelong initiative. As a young start-up, HeiQ’s early years were built within a Swiss Incubator environment similar to ManuFutures, so we're well placed to speak to the potential benefits.
For all enquiries about this new, state-of-the-art facility, including detailed tenancy information, please contact:
Senior Program Manager, ManuFutures
+61 3 5227 2213