Information for faculty research students
Higher Degree by Research (HDR) programs enable you to develop independent research skills and are for students who want to pursue their own theories and ideas at a high conceptual level.
The skills developed as part of a research degree include the ability to formulate a significant research problem, relate the research to the broader framework of knowledge in the chosen area, and master appropriate skills to solve a problem. Research results are incorporated into a thesis, and this is submitted for examination.
Research-level study can lead to a research or academic career and is highly valued in the workplace.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Master of Architecture (Research)
- Master of Construction Management (Research)
- Master of Engineering
- Master of Science
- Master of Science (Research)
See more information on how to apply to prepare for and undertake a research degree, checking eligibility, and assistance.
Current HDR student information, resources and support
Research Development Workshop Series
- Workshop 1 - Why and how to work with Industry (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Workshop 2 - Collaborating externally for research funding (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Workshop 3 - Keep your Eyes on the Prize (PDF 2.61 MB)
- Workshop 4 - Writing for Success (PDF - 424 KB)
- Workshop 5 - unavailable
- Workshop 6 - Evaluating your research performance and analysing journal quality using SciVal (PDF, 7.1 MB)
If you would like more information on undertaking a research degree, or have a general enquiry, please see faculty contacts.