Enrolment links and resources

Below are links and resources useful for both new and continuing students after enrolment

Getting started at Deakin - Orientation

Visit the Get started website to find out all you need to know about starting at Deakin. If you need to find accommodation, Deakin has housing officers wanting to assist you.


Your username is also your Deakin email address.  You should check this email address a few times a week.  If you have another email account you prefer to use, you can redirect/forward your Deakin email to another account.

Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN)

A CAN contains information about your enrolment such as your student contribution amounts you have been charged for the units you are enrolled in; any upfront payments you have made; and any HELP assistance you have used for the trimester study period. An electronic CAN (eCAN) will be made available to you within 28 days of census date for the relevant teaching period. CANs at Deakin University are only available online and can be accessed via StudentConnect.

Deakin ID card

After you have enrolled online, you can get your ID Card. For campus students you can have your photo taken and collect your ID at Deakin Central.

Cloud (online) students, can send a passport photo to enquire@deakin.edu.au in order to organise an ID card, or can visit one of our campus locations. Visit the Deakin Card website to find out more about how you can use your ID Card.

Financial assistance

You can generate an invoice in StudentConnect (see the link under the Fees and Payment heading).  Take note of the due date for any fees. If you haven't paid your fees by the due date, you may lose your place.


The Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) runs bookshops at each of our campus locations. You can check the textbook requirements for each unit on the bookshop's Student Booklist. You may also have received a list of items you'll need (e.g. lab coats).

Transport, travel concessions and parking

Once you have enrolled, you can access your Travel Concession form through StudentConnect. If you're eligible, the pre-populated form will be sent to your Deakin email address. It must be printed in colour when lodging your application.
Find out more about getting to Deakin. You are able to purchase parking permits from Deakin Central.


If you are studying at one of our campuses or affiliated sites, you need to set up your timetable for classes and seminars through STAR on StudentConnect.

Important dates - Note down any important dates relevant for you or your course, including the last day to vary your units, census dates, fee due dates and exam dates for the end of trimester.

Page custodian: Faculty of Science, Engineering & Built Environment
Last updated: