Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment Final Unit to Complete
For students enrolled in Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment courses only.
The 'Final Unit to Complete' (FUTC) provision, described in clauses 56-62 of the Assessment (Higher Education Courses) Procedure, offers you the opportunity of a Pass Conceded grade (PC) or Supplementary Assessment where you are one credit point short of completing your degree.
- The FAPDC will usually award a PC grade over a Supplementary Assessment if you are eligible for both.
- Neither PC grades nor Supplementary Assessment will be awarded for units worth 2 credit points, or if you have more than one credit point remaining to complete the course.
- If you opt for Supplementary Assessment, the outcome:
- does not guarantee a pass in the unit
- is final and there is no further opportunity for additional supplementary assessment, review of result or PC grade
|Pass Conceded grade requirements||Supplementary Assessment requirements|
|Outcome: if awarded, a PC grade and eligibility to graduate||Outcome: if awarded, a supplementary assessment with a maximum possible grade of 50P and there is no guarantee of a pass|
How to apply
Applications for Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment courses are to be submitted using the application form below.
You must apply to the faculty in which your course is enrolled in:
Course codes starting with A or E: Faculty of Arts and Education
Course codes starting with M: Faculty of Business and Law
Course codes starting with H: Faculty of Health
You will be required to log in using your Deakin username and password.
Please note that any application must meet eligibility criteria and for supplementary assessment, the outcome is final and there is no further opportunity for supplementary assessment or review.
Assistance and Questions
if you have any queries regarding pass conceded grades or the final unit to complete process, please contact one of our faculty student advisors at one of our faculty campus offices in person, by phone or email.