Peer Support Network Leaders
Are you a current student who wants to help new students with their transition into university? The Peer Support Network Program (PSN) is a perfect way to achieve that.
Being part of the PSN enables you to:
- guide new students in their transition to university life and gain a sense of belonging
- provide a positive role model
- share (and develop further) your knowledge of university life
- develop and enhance interpersonal, leadership, organisational, time management and communication skills
- become a more 'rounded' graduate and add skills to your CV which may assist future employability
As a Leader, your responsibilities will be to support and guide new students, refer them to appropriate services and act as an information conduit between staff and new students.
All PSN Leaders will undergo a training program which will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to undertake this important leadership role.
You will meet regularly with members of your group, talk about their social and academic transition and become a friendly 'face'. Most importantly, you will gain satisfaction and and sense of accomplishment by making a difference to the university experience of new students.
At the completion of the program, you will be presented with a certificate of participation and a letter of commendation from the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Science, Engineering and Built Environment) at a recognition event.
How to become a Leader
Peer Support Network Leaders are current students who have completed a minimum of one year of study at Deakin University (or an equivalent Cloud enrolment).
To express your interest in becoming a PSN Leader and help mentor new students, please complete an online registration form.
If you have any queries, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org