Peer Support Network Program
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment is offering the Peer Support Network (PSN), a Mentoring and Leadership Program, to students in all of its schools in 2015.
Peer Support Network Leaders are current students who have completed a minimum of one year of study at Deakin University (or an equivalent Cloud enrolment).
A PSN Leader's principal responsibilities will be to:
- provide a positive role model
- help translate university 'speak', programs and requirements for new students
- refer students to appropriate support and services
- help new students gain a sense of belonging
- act as a information conduit between staff and new students
What's in it for me?
As a PSN Leader, you will have the opportunity to:
- share (and develop further) your knowledge of university life
- develop (and enhance) interpersonal, leadership, organisational, team work, time management and communication skills
- enjoy the satisfaction of assisting new students to cope with their new environment
- add skills to your CV which may assist you with future employability
- become a more 'rounded' graduate
All PSN Leaders will undergo a training program which will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to undertake this important leadership role.
At the completion of the program, you will be presented with a certificate of participation and a letter of commendation from the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Science, Engineering and Built Environment) at a recognition event.
Most importantly, you will gain the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference to the university experience of a group of new students!
Apply to become a Leader
To express your interest in becoming a PSN Leader and help mentor new students, please contact the PSN Coordinator.
For more information or any queries regarding the program, please contact: