Peer Support Network Program
The Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment Peer Support Network Program (PSN) is offered for the first time in 2014 to students in the Schools of Engineering and Information Technology.
Peer Support Network Leaders are current students who have completed a minimum of one year of study at Deakin University (or an equivalent Cloud enrolment).
A PSN Leader's principal responsibilities will be to:
- provide a positive role model
- help translate university 'speak', programs and requirements for new students
- refer students to appropriate support and services
- help new students gain a sense of belonging
- act as a information conduit between staff and new students
What's in it for me?
As a PSN Leader, you will have the opportunity to:
- share (and develop further) your knowledge of university life
- develop (and enhance) interpersonal, leadership, organisational, team work, time management and communication skills
- enjoy the satisfaction of assisting new students geing to cope with their new environment
- add skills to your CV which may assist you with future employability
- become a more 'rounded' graduate
All PSN Leaders will undergo a training program which will equip you with the knowledge and skills required to undertake this important leadership role.
At the completion of the program, you will be presented with a certificate of participation and a letter of commendation from the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Science, Engineering and Built Environment) at a recognition event.
Most importantly, you will gain the satisfaction of knowing you have made a difference to the university experience of a group of new students!
Apply to become a Leader
To express your interest in becoming a PSN Leader and help mentor new students, please contact the PSN Coordinator.
For more information or any queries regarding the program, please contact: