Change off-campus exam location
Changes to examination locations are subject to certain fees and timelines. A fee may be payable if your exam location is not correctly recorded or you have not nominated an exam location within the required deadline for exam venue changes. It is each student's responsibility to ensure their exam location is correct by checking StudentConnect.
Changing your address on StudentConnect does not change your exam location, you will need to follow the instructions at the bottom of this page under 'How to change your location'.
Exam location change fees and dates
|Trimester 1 2013||Trimester 2 2013||Trimester 3 2013|
|No fees for changes||up until 16 May||up until 19 September||up until 16 Jan 2014|
|Fees between $50 and $200 #||From 17 May to 30 May||From 20 Sept to 3 October||From 17 Jan to 30 Jan 2014|
|No changes are possible||From 31 May to exams||From 4 Oct to exams||From 31 Jan 2014 to exams|
These fees are detailed each year in the University's Fees and Charges Booklet.
# Late change of examination location charge for changes requested between two and four weeks prior to the commencement of the relevant examination period (per unit)
- Change of examination location to an on-campus location (for an off-campus unit) or to another on-campus location (for an on-campus unit) - $50
- Change of examination location to an off-campus location in Australia - $150
- Change of location to an off-campus location outside Australia (will be reduced to $100 if location is already operating for other exams) - $200
Examination charges for Deakin Study Abroad Students
- Within regular award examination period - $50
- Outside regular award examination period - current supervision hourly rate will apply - current supervision hourly rate will apply
How to change your location
You can complete an Online change of exam venue form at least 4 weeks prior to the commencement of the exam period to avoid fees. A response to your request will be sent within 5 business days.
Allow 7 days business days for your change of venue to appear on StudentConnect and recheck your details, including the starting time as this may differ to your previous venue.