Currently files in your My Locker can only be accessed by you and you have 25MB of storage.
Group locker areas allow you to collaborate on files with your group members
Access My Locker
Your personal locker area is not units-specific. You can access the locker from anywhere in Learning Environment and store all of your files in one place.
- To access My Locker tool, click on My Tools and select Locker located at the top navbar.
Access Group Lockers
Group Lockers are restricted locker areas where members of a group can share files. Any group member can modify files posted in group locker areas.
Group Lockers have the same options as regular lockers with the following exceptions:
- There is an option to Email Group Members.
- There is a Modified By column that shows the last person to work on a file.
- Using the minibar, navigate to the unit that you've been assigned a group.
- Click on My Tools and select Locker located at the top navigation bar.
- Then, click on Group Lockers on the My Locker page.
Note: You can only access Group Locker from the unit offering it applies to.
Create Files and Folders
Create a folder
- From the My Locker page, click New Folder.
- Type a Folder Name.
- Click Create.
To create a sub-folder for an existing folder, click New Folder when you're in the parent folder.
Create a file
- Click Upload Files in the folder you want to add a file to.
- Type a Description of the file.
- Click the Browse button and locate the file you want to attach.
- Click the Add button to attach more than one file.
- Click Upload once you have located all of the files you want to include.
Note: For security reasons you cannot upload applications or programs to your locker. For example, files with the extension types: .asp, .bat, .config, .dll, or .exe cannot be uploaded.
Manage Files & Folders
Search for files in My Locker
- Enter your search criteria in the Search For textbox.
- If you want to conduct an advanced search, click the Show Search Options link, and select any relevant search restrictions.
- Click Search icon.
Download files from My Locker
- Do one of the following:
- Click the file name for the file you want to download.
- Select files using the check boxes beside the files you want to download.
- Click the Download the selected files/folders icon at the top or bottom of the file list.
- Save a copy of the zip file to your local computer or storage device.
Edit a file's name or description
- Click on Edit from the file's context menu.
- Update the File Name or Description as needed.
- Click Save.
Edit multiple file descriptions
- Select the check boxes beside the files you want to edit.
- Click the Edit icon at the top or bottom of the file list.
- Update the Description for files as needed.
- Click Save.
Edit a folder's name
- Click on the Edit from the folder's context menu.
- Update the Folder Name.
- Click Save.
Move a file or folder
- Click on Move from the file or folder's context menu.
- Click the name of the target folder.
- Click Move.
Delete a file or folder
Do one of the following:
- Click Delete from the context menu of the file or folder you want to delete.
- Select the check boxes beside the files or folders you want to delete and click the Delete icon at the top or bottom of the file list to delete multiple items at once.
Note: Deleting a folder also deletes all of the files within it.