Dashboard is a central area for managing your Portfolio preferences, receiving updates, and searching for items. Your dashboard makes it easy to quickly review changes to portfolio items you've recently worked on and to check for invites to view portfolio items from your peers.
"What are you learning?" panel
The "What are you learning?" panel provides an opportunity to reflect and prompts you to record brief thoughts about your current learning experience which you can expand upon at a later date. You can also add file or a link to your brief reflection.
- At the panel, enter your thoughts.
- If you wish to attach a file, click Add Files. Drag files over an upload target (contain the text "Drop files here, or click below").
If this functionality is not available in your browser,
- Click Upload to locate the file that you want to upload.
- Click Open.
- If you wish to associate a link, click on Add Link.
- Add any Tags you want the reflection to have.
- When done, click Add to Portfolio.
Update your profile
This Portfolio video was developed for the 'Developing academic literacies in your course curriculum' DUPPP funded project, coordinated by Language and Learning Advisers in Student Life.
Portfolio: creating a profile
Update your profile information to include personal information about yourself that you feel comfortable sharing with others. Your profile is the same as your profile in the CloudDeakin. Any changes are reflected in both places.
You can add your profile information to presentations.
- At the top right hand corner, click on your name and then click on Profile.
- Update your information.
- Click Save.
Check your invites
When you receive an invite from another user to view an item in their portfolio, the invite is stored in the Unread Invites widget. You may also receive an email informing you of the invite. The invite lets you know who shared the item with you, when it was shared, what type of item it is, and any description or tags that were added to it. The sender may also include a personalised message letting you know why they shared the item.
- To view the invites, click on the subject of the invite towards the right hand side of your dashboard.
Note: You can open an associated portfolio item from the invite by clicking its name.
Subscribe to an RSS feed
RSS feeds allow you to receive external notifications when changes occur in your portfolio. There are two RSS feeds that you can subscribe to:
- Feedback RSS notifies you when edits, comments, or assessments are made to one of your portfolio items (does not include changes that you make yourself).
- Invite RSS notifies you when you receive a new invite to view another user's portfolio item.
To use the RSS feeds you must subscribe to an external RSS reader. There are many free RSS readers, such as Live Bookmarks and Google Reader, available on the Internet.
- From the Dashboard, click on Settings.
- Do one of the following:
- To subsribe to Feedback RSS, click on Subscribe to Feedback RSS button.
- To subscribe to Invite RSS, click on Subscribe to Invite RSS button.
- Follow the appropriate steps for adding the feed to the reader of your choice.