Natural disaster grants
Deakin University is committed to helping students affected by natural disasters when they occur.
Natural Disaster Assistance packages may include the following items of support:
- A grant of up to $1000 to replace essential study materials and supplies;
- Assistance with accommodation requirements;
- Priority access to the University student housing grant scheme (to help with the cost of renting off-campus);
- Book vouchers for academic books and materials as supplied by DUSA;
- Interest free loans of up to $2000 and assistance with other financial advice;
- Personal support counselling and chaplaincy.
How to apply
Applications for assistance can be made to both the University and the Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) using the forms below.
- Natural Disaster Assistance Grant Form (PDF, 408.8 KB) (University one-off payment of up to $1000)
- DUSA Natural Disaster Assistance Form (PDF, 38.2 KB) (textbooks, stationery and DUSA Silver Membership)
For any enquiries relating to the natural disaster assistance package, please email email@example.com.
Australian Government financial assistance
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) may be available to assist people who have been adversely affected by a natural disaster. This is administered through the Department of Human Services and Centrelink.
To find out more about Deakin services to help students visit our Health, safety and wellbeing site.