Natural disaster grants
Deakin University is committed to helping students affected by natural disasters when they occur.
Natural Disaster Assistance packages may include the following items of support:
- A grant of up to $1000 to replace essential study materials and supplies;
- Assistance with accommodation requirements;
- Priority access to the University student housing grant scheme (to help with the cost of renting off-campus);
- Book vouchers for academic books and materials as supplied by DUSA;
- Interest free loans of up to $2000 and assistance with other financial advice;
- Personal support counselling and chaplaincy.
How to apply
Applications for assistance can be made to both the University and the Deakin University Student Association (DUSA) using the forms below.
- Natural Disaster Assistance Grant Form (University one-off payment of up to $1000)
- DUSA Natural Disaster Assistance Form (textbooks, stationery and DUSA Silver Membership)
For any enquiries relating to the natural disaster assistance package, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Rima El Hage, Division of Student Administration on (03) 9244 6691.
Australian Government financial assistance
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP) may be available to assist people who have been adversely affected by a natural disaster. This is administered through the Department of Human Services and Centrelink.