Work Integrated Learning
A Work Integrated Learning (WIL) experience can take your learning beyond the classroom and help you get career ready.
Get career ready and build your professional network, while gaining course credit. Internships can offer students a competitive edge in the job market.
- Communication & Creative Arts Internships
- Professional Communication Internship (ALR382)
- Humanities & Social Sciences Internships
- Bachelor of International Studies Internships
Peer mentoring supports new students in the Faculty of Arts and Education with their social and academic transition to studying at Deakin.
New to Deakin? Apply for a mentor!
Want to help others succeed? Apply to be a mentor!
Experience new cultures, make friends from all over the world and gain a competitive edge whilst traveling the globe.
- Study Tours
- Global Education Program (GEP)
- In-Country Program
- Short Term Partner Programs
- Study Abroad and Trimester Abroad
- Global Citizenship Program
Volunteering projects are designed to introduce students to new people and places, expand their understanding of different cultures throughout the world and engage with unique communities.
These projects run for 2–3 weeks in both the inter-trimester break (June/July) and trimester 3 (Nov-Feb). Majority of projects are available for credit towards APE201 Individual Professional Project.