Communication Internship ACC320 & ACC321
This information is for Bachelor of Communication students enrolled progressing towards their core internship in one of the following courses:
- A325 Bachelor of Communication (Public Relations)
- A331 Bachelor Communication (Journalism) - commencing 2018 onwards
- A333 Bachelor of Communication (Digital Media) - commencing 2018 onwards
- A334 Bachelor of Communication (Advertising)
If you are in one of these courses, you have access to a 2 credit point Communication Internship program, comprised of:
- ACC320 Communication Internship A: Placement (1 credit point) allows you to gain firsthand experience in a professional workplace related to your study area. You will be required to source and secure a placement of 100-120 hours (maximum 160 hours) in duration. Hours can be completed full-time or part-time. ACC320 enrolment will be concurrent with placement. ACC320 is available Trimester 1, 2 and 3 from 2019. Visit the Internship process for students website to get started.
- ACC321 Communication Internship B: Career Development (1 credit point) is all about you and your career development as you build on your internship experience. You will enrol in ACC321 the trimester after you complete your ACC320 placement hours. ACC321 is available Trimester 1 and 2.
These units replace unit ALR382 Professional Communication Internship. The last offering of ALR382 was T1 2018.
Students with approved placements over Trimester 3 2018 only, will be permitted to enrol in ACC317 Communication and Creative Arts Internship A in place of ACC320. The Work Integrated Learning team will outline the approved units as part of the internship confirmation.
Enrolment will only be available for students who register their placement details with Deakin before commencing any placement hours. Placements already commenced without university approval will not be eligible for academic credit. Placement hours cannot be counted retrospectively.
Students will only be able to self-enrol into ACC320 and ACC321 once they have registered the details of their placement and can demonstrate their 100-120 hours would be completed in advance of the trimester they wish to enrol ACC321.
|ACC320 enrolment||To enrol in ACC321 for the following trimester, ACC320 placement hours must be complete by date:|
|T3 2018||Friday 1 March, 2019|
|Friday 5 July, 2019|
Preparation and planning is key
Students will have the best success with their core placement if they commence their research and preparation for their placement early. Students are encouraged to start initial planning process at least 3 months ahead of commencing a placement.
Recommended timeline for a placement over Trimester 3:
|When||Recommended tasks and activities|
|June - August|
|August - October|
|October - February|
ACC320 Communication Internship A: Placement
ACC321 Communication Internship B: Career Development