Business internships are a unique opportunity for you to observe professional practice first hand and acquire professional networks, while gaining credit towards your degree.
The learning experience in these units takes place primarily outside the classroom where you have the opportunity to both observe and participate in a range of real world business experiences related to your studies.
The program aims to:
- enhance and apply academic learning in the workplace
- enhance the skills and attributes identified as critical to the success of our graduates
- develop work readiness, generic business skills and graduate attributes that enhance future employment opportunities
- organisations that would otherwise not be supported in this way
- develop your professional work practices and networks
Business internship units:
- are open to students on all campuses, including Cloud Campus
- can be taken anywhere in Australia or internationally
- can be completed by international students in their home country
- gain credit towards your course
Work integrated learning units have been developed based on best practice in experiential learning programs in Australia and internationally.
Most internships are unpaid, however some paid opportunities exist (such as vacation programs with major accounting firms) or pay can sometimes be negotiated. Where the internship is unpaid Deakin University provides the required insurance cover.
Students are required to find and negotiate their own internship. A limited number of Faculty sourced internships and other opportunities are advertised on the DeakinTALENT website.
Current opportunities also exist within the Faculty.
|MWL304||Advanced Business Internship|