Applications for Trimester 3 2017 are now open and close on 29 September, applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by Monday 6 November 2017.
Applications for Trimester 1 2018 are now open and close on 27 October, applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by Monday 5 March 2018.
Applications for Trimester 3 2017 are now open and close on 30 October, applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by Sunday 5 November 2017.
Applications for Trimester 1 2018 are now open and close on 30 November, applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application by Sunday 4 March 2018.
You can apply for a course transfer if you wish to:
- Change courses
- Change mode (between Cloud and campus)
- Change campus (from one campus to another)
- Change fee type (usually when a person obtains permanent residency)
Selection for course transfers is based on availability of places and academic performance.
Academic performance for Undergraduate students requires successful completion of a minimum of 4 units of study plus Weighted Average Mark (WAM) requirements detailed below:
Bachelor of Business (Sport Management) and Bachelor of Sport Development:
Students applying for course transfer to the Bachelor of Business (Sport Management) and Bachelor of Sport Development will normally need a minimum WAM of 65 to be considered for transfer.
The Course Director reserves the right to interview students whose background in sport, either in work history, sporting performance or voluntary involvement, is deemed to warrant consideration.
All other Business and Law courses:
|Course Transfers into||Campus Transfers into||Transfers from Deakin|
Learning Centres into
|Campus||Non-Law Courses||Law Courses||Non-Law Courses||Law Courses||Commerce|
|Warrnambool||50||60||No set min WAM||60||50|
|Cloud||50||60||No set min WAM||60||50|
Postgraduate students are required to have achieved a standard progression rate of 60% (progression rate is calculated by all passed units/all attempted units) in order to be eligible for transfer.
Both Postgraduate and Undergraduate students must also meet normal selection criteria and standards (see online handbook) for the course they are applying to transfer to.
- If your course transfer enrolment request has not been processed before the re-enrolment deadline, you must re-enrol in your existing course to avoid the late re-enrolment penalty fee.
- If approved, a course transfer may increase the time it takes to complete your degree as all the units that you have completed so far may not count towards your new course.
- If you are an international student, you should consider how a course transfer will affect your visa status.
- Students transferring from a combined degree to a single degree (e.g. Arts/Law to Law), must transfer all units course grouped to the single component degree.
- Students transferring from a single degree to a combined degree (e.g. Commerce to Engineering/Commerce), must transfer all units from the first degree, ie Commerce.
- Students transferring from a single degree to another single degree (e.g. Arts to Commerce), can choose to bring across any passed units they choose (within course rules). This is also applies if a combined degree student transfers to a completely new combined degree, e.g. Engineering/Commerce to Arts/Law.
- Students can transfer from course A > B > A, but not back to B again. For example, Commerce > Commerce/Law > Commerce, but not back to Commerce/Law.