How long will the review take?
- HEAG-H aims to provide a response to researchers within 21 days of submission (average 14 days).
- Many applications require some amendments, clarifications or corrections which may extend the time frame for obtaining ethics approval.
- You can assist in making the process as smooth as possible by avoiding these common problems in your application. The easiest applications to process are fully signed, include all necessary attachments and give all details of the project written in clear, simple language (without jargon).
When can I submit my application to the HEAG-H?
If my project is found to be higher than low risk, will that affect the time taken for review?
- Yes. HEAG-H will notify researchers if an application is higher than low risk. It is then the responsibility of the researchers to resubmit their application to DUHREC using the correct forms, for example Human Research Ethics Application (HREA)
- If a researcher considers their project to be higher than low risk, they should apply for ethics approval directly to DUHREC.
Page custodian: Faculty of Health Last updated: