Information Technology Student Information
- Student resources - forms, guides and links
- Plan your study - relevant information useful when enrolling/re-enrolling into your course
- Information for research students
- Study Abroad, Exchange and other opportunities
- Student Scholarships
- 2017 Undergraduate Student Prizes and Awards
- 2017 Postgraduate Student Prizes and Awards
- Health, safety and wellbeing - including information about safety inductions
- Student Code of Conduct - expectations and responsibility
- DeakinSync - your one-stop personalised portal
- Student Services
- Important trimester and key dates
Student advice and support
If you have any questions, need some help and support with your enrolment or general student questions, contact one of our course advisers
IT Internship (SIT306) is an excellent opportunity for you to experience professional practice in a real world setting, whilst receiving credit towards your degree.
The aim of this internship is to improve your employability skills including communications skills, team work, self-management and lifelong learning competencies. This benefits your resume and is a great opportunity to start developing your industry network and try out a potential career direction before you make a longer-term commitment to a career path post-graduation.
Current students: Visit the IT Internship page in the IT Course Hub
Software requirements vary across courses and units of study. Current IT students can access various software via the following resources:
MSDN Academic Alliance (MSDNAA), an initiative by Microsoft to provide students an easy and inexpensive way to access the latest Microsoft software, is available via the DreamSpark web store. For any problems with accessing the store, please contact Robert Ruge.
Desktop software is also available to students and can be accessed via the IT Help website.
(Note: Students may be charged on their internet quota if downloading software within Deakin's network.)