Professional Practice in Life and Environmental Sciences
The BIG question - what do you want to do as a career?
Professional Practice gives you the opportunity to try different potential career paths, make valuable contacts and begin to establish your professional network.
Not only will you have experience to add to your CV, your work placement supervisor could be a referee for when you do apply for your future job.
Information on preparing for a placement and application details can be found here. If you have any questions, you can always contact the Professional Practice Placements Coordinator.
- Practical Training Program Agreement - Student Fact Sheet (PDF, 62.2 KB)
- Insurance Summary for Placements (PDF, 329.1 KB)
- STP010 Introduction to Work Placements (PDF, 99.6 KB)
- Placement flowchart (PDF, 172.4 KB)
- Potential Domestic Organisation List (PDF, 43.1 KB) (PDF, 136.1 KB)
- Potential International Organisation List
(PDF, 21.7 KB)
- Application form examples (PDF, 50.3KB)
- SLE225 Group Placements List
- SLE225 Independent Placement - Potential Organisation List for International Placements (PDF, 21.7 KB)
- SLE225 Application for Independent International Placement Form (DOCX, 68.4 KB)
SLE225 Unit Chair: Associate Professor Raylene Cooke
Phone: 03 9251 7608
- SLE301 Information Session Slides (PDF, 116.6KB)
- SLE301 Student Assessment Requirements (PDF, 84.9 KB)
- 2018 SLE301 Domestic Placement Application Form (DOCX, 67.0KB)
- 2018 SLE301 International Placement Application Form (DOCX, 84.3KB)
SLE301 Unit Chair: Associate Professor Raylene Cooke
Phone: 03 9251 7608
Important note: You must contact the Professional Practice Placements Coordinator in the School of LES if you are considering a placement in a hospital.
- SLE390 Information Session Slides (PDF, 1.1MB)
- SLE390 Student Assessment Requirements (PDF, 84.1 KB)
- SLE390 Placement Guidelines (PDF, 65.8 KB)
- 2018 SLE390 Domestic Placement Application Form (DOCX, 66.1KB)
SLE390 Unit Chair: Dr Sharon La Fontaine
Phone: 03 9251 7669