International student support
Trimester 1 Enrolment and Orientation
If you will be starting at Deakin in Trimester 1, 2014 you should make plans to be on campus for the week of February 24, so that you can attend your Enrolment and Orientation program.
All the sessions that you need to attend during this week are in your Orientation itinerary, which you should download and bring with you to campus.
The first event that you must attend is the International Student Briefing on Monday 24 February.
Melbourne Burwood Campus (Undergraduate):
Time: 9.00 am Location: LT3, B1.77 (Lecture Theatre 3, Building B, Room 1.77)
Melbourne Burwood Campus (Postgraduate):
Time: 9.00 am Location: LT1, I2.02 (Lecture Theatre 1, Building I, Room 2.02)
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus:
Time: 9.30 am Location: da2.044 (KD Stewart Multifunction Room)
Geelong Waterfront Campus:
Time: 9.30 am Location: d3.211 (Building D, Level 3, Room 211)
If you're planning on studying at Deakin in 2014, 2015 or 2016 make sure you are aware of our future dates.
Attending the Enrolment and Orientation program is essential if you want to make a successful start at Deakin. During the week you will:
- Receive course advice, enrol and sign up for tutorials.
- Get your student ID card, IT and Library access.
- Learn about Deakin and the many services that can help you during your studies.
- Make connections with other new students and join mentor programs and student clubs.
- Meet current Deakin students and hear about their experiences.
Make sure you bring the following with you on Monday 24 February:
- Original transcripts of all previous studies - you may be asked to provide these at enrolment to verify your admission information.
- Passport and visa (or evidence of student visa – for example, a copy of Australian Department of Immigration email confirming e-Visa).
- Letter of Offer.
- Other relevant academic documents – please see section below regarding Credit for Prior Learning (Exemptions/Credit Transfer).
If you need accommodation, you should arrive at least a week before enrolment to have the best choice of available housing. Contact the Off-campus Housing Service to start making arrangements.
Download your Orientation itinerary. Your itinerary will tell you where you need to be and when during Enrolment and Orientation, and also lists activities that you might like to participate in during Weeks 1-3.
If you have questions, contact one of the International Student Advisers on your campus.
To connect with other students coming to Australia, as well as those that are already at Deakin, visit the ISS-Connect page.
Deakin offers a free airport pickup service. Make sure you book this service more than six days before you arrive.
Research your course - unit descriptions, assessment details, and tutorial information can be located in the online handbook.
Make sure you are aware of Deakin policies regarding fee charges and refunds. Details are available in the International Student Tuition Fees in the online handbook.
All students who are applying for Credit for Prior Learning will have their credits finalised at the time of enrolment. You will need to bring your letter of offer, detailing any credits that have previously been advised and your original documentation - transcripts of results, certificates etc. If your credit is not on your Letter of Offer, you must provide original transcripts of results, certificates and unit/syllabus outlines detailing the content of each subject previously studied.