Need to Know
Deakin University has programs and resources that can support your English Language improvement. You can access online resources or speak to staff and mentors who can provide advice to suit you.
- Conversation Club – Develop you conversation skills.
- WordPower - A series of free online and face to face modules which focuses on developing your oral and written English in different contexts.
- Self-help resources – Practice grammar, reading and writing skills online. Watch the video to learn more.
- Language and Learning consultations.
- Peer mentor study support sessions.
Need to do
Attend an Orientation week workshop called Introduction to Studying at university to find out about different programs that can help you to continue to develop your English.
Complete iDeal – an online tool on the Deakin website that helps to identify your strengths and opportunities for improvement with academic English.
See the timetable to find out when the WordPower sessions are on at your campus and just turn up to the classes you select. You can come to one or more each week.
Drop in or contact Study Skills at your campus to find out more about what you can do to develop your language skills.