As a Deakin student, all the information you need to be successful is at your fingertips.
You will visit the following sites regularly during your time as a student, so please bookmark them and spend some time exploring them before the trimester begins.
The Current Students links to many of the tools and resources that you will use on a daily basis as a Deakin student, including:
- Deakin Library
- CloudDeakin is the online learning space for course materials, assessment, communication and collaboration with teaching staff and students in your units.
- Student Connect provides you with access to your student record where you can check your course, unit and personal details, as well as print exam timetables, view results, re-enrol online and check and pay your fees. It also has a handy news section.
- Your Deakin email uses the format of 'email@example.com'. You will need to know your username and password to access your email. Deakin will send important messages to this email so if you are not planning to use this address, make sure you redirect it to your preferred email account.
- Services and Facilities
- Information for International + Research Degree students
- Important Dates has fee payments, dates to withdraw from units, census dates, exam dates, result release and more for each teaching period.
Other important sites to be aware of include:
- The Deakin Handbook provides specific information and instructions about your course and units.
- Student Timetable Allocation and Registration (STAR) is your Deakin timetable and allows you to register for classes and seminars online. You must register for your classes and seminars before the start of each trimester.
- IT and Computing support
- Student Life services include accommodation, counselling, career planning, childcare, employment and volunteering opportunities, medical centres, international student support, multifaith chaplaincy, fitness clubs and study skills.
- DUSA provides a number of important services including student advocacy and an on-campus legal service.
If you can't find the information you are looking for, you can access contact details for all areas of the University online.