Orientation Host Program
- Do you want to assist new students to make a smooth start at Deakin?
- Are you enthusiastic, approachable, motivated and reliable?
- Do you have good communication and leadership skills?
- Do you have excellent campus knowledge?
Deakin's Orientation program is designed to help new students make a successful start at university. The Host Program is a central part of Orientation and, as a Host, you can make a real difference to the transition of new students.
Hosts will undertake the following tasks:
- Host a group of about 25 students
- Lead the group in networking games/activities
- Share with the group your own university experience
- Answer any questions new students may have
- Conduct a tour of the campus
Whilst this is a voluntary opportunity, if you participate in the full range of Orientation Host activities you will receive the following:
- $80 credit on your Deakin Card
- A certificate to include in your portfolio for graduate applications
Selection sessions are now closed, however there is still time to become a 2014 Orientation Host! Get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Training is held between Monday 10 - Thursday 20 February, so hurry!
Warrnambool students: please email Jan Johnson if you would like to be a Warrnambool Host.