Places of worship
Spiritual Centre: Multi-faith rooms on campus
On-campus Spiritual Centres offer Muslim prayer rooms and Multi-faith rooms for places of worship for all students and staff, regardless of religious belief. These spaces offer a quiet and peaceful environment and you are welcome to take time for personal reflection or practise your faith.
- Melbourne Burwood Campus - Building EC, Elgar Road, open 7am. – 11pm, 7 days a week
- Geelong Waterfront Campus - Room D1 203.03, open 7am - 8pm, Monday to Friday
- Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus - Building ik, , open 7am. – 11pm, 7 days a week
- Warrnambool Campus - Room F1.03, open 7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday
Spiritual Centre: Muslim prayer rooms on campus
- Melbourne Burwood Campus - Building EC Spiritual Centre, Elgar Road, open 7 am. – 11pm, 7 days a week
- Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus - Building ik, open 7 am. – 11pm, 7 days a week
- Geelong Waterfront Campus - Rooms D1 202.03 and D1 202.04, open 7am - 8pm, Monday to Friday
* You can access the Muslim prayer rooms on each campus during University hours (and extended during Ramadan) - Contact Security if the spaces are closed on your campus.
Nestled near the lake just west of the administration buildings on the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is the picturesque stone chapel. It is a focus of religious activity on the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus and is used regularly by the Chaplains and student religious groups. The sandstone church is in English Gothic style, with white internal walls set with stained glass windows. The Chapel is carpeted and simply furnished with a wooden altar and upholstered chairs.
The Chapel in its present form comprises a number of elements brought together from various areas of Victoria by people who wished to provide a religious centre for students and staff of the University and to preserve one of the historical churches of the district.
There is seating for up to 60 guests, and 80 can be accommodated with standing room. The Chapel is non-denominal and details of the University Chaplain can be provided.
Opening hours: The Chapel is open 10 am - 3 pm weekdays during term as a quiet, relaxed communal place for students and staff.
Hiring the Chapel: The Chapel can be made available to members of the University and the wider community for weddings, funerals and other religious occasions.
Places of worship near campus
Religious groups are found in the Yellow Pages Telephone Directory under the heading "ORGANISATIONS - CHURCH AND RELIGIONS". If you need further advice or assistance, and looking for a local Church, please contact one of Deakin’s multifaith chaplains.