Your personal security
Your personal safety is very important to us.
There may be occasions where you may be subject to threats. In these situations it is important to know what to do - at its simplest this means contacting Security on 222 from internal phones or on 1800 062 579.
We try to make our campuses safe and secure for all. All campuses are patrolled by Security Officers, 24 hours per day, seven days per week. On all campuses, Security may be reached by internal phone on 222 or on 1800 062 579. The VOIP phones have 222 as a speed dial option. The full numbers are:
|Melbourne Campus at Burwood||(03) 9244 6222|
|Geelong Campus at Waurn Ponds||(03) 5227 2222|
|Warrnambool Campus||(03) 5563 3222|
|Geelong Waterfront Campus||(03) 5227 8222|
It is recommended that you store the appropriate number above on your mobile phone. Further details can be found on the Deakin Security web site.
For more information on your personal security at work, please visit the OHS website.
If you are a staff member or student, there may be instances when you are working late into the night.
Security will provide escorts to car parks and public transport pick up points on campus if they are contacted.
There are also a number of measures you can take to improve your personal safety and security at night:
- Before dark, move vehicles into parking bays closer to buildings: parking permits only apply Monday to Friday between 8:30am and 4:30pm.
- Whenever possible, do not walk unaccompanied.
- Always let Security know if you are working in an area alone after hours.
- If you are using public transport, check the timetable to minimise the time you need to stand at public transport pick up points.
- Report promptly to Security anything suspicious or untoward.