Have an IT question?
Our Best Answer
You can find the answer to many common software problems by asking a question above.
If you can't find the answer you're looking for, or need personal help, you can contact us.
Download software to your computer
Software Library - For personal computers
A wide range of software is available for you to download and install. Note that some items can only be used on Deakin workstations.
- Students and Staff on your own computer - Browse the Software Library
- Staff on a Deakin Windows PC - Click Start > All Programs > Software Store to request access to software for installation. Software can be installed via your Software Catalogue once approved
- Staff on a Deakin Apple Mac - Click the Self Service icon in the dock
New software can be requested for installation on Deakin University workstations for both teaching and learning and work related use at any time throughout the year.
- How to request software to be installed on Deakin student lab workstations
- How to request new software for Deakin staff PCs
- How to request new software for Deakin staff Macs
Apps on Demand - Access software on any device, at any time, from anywhere
Apps on Demand is a free service that gives Deakin students access to lab and course-related software in the cloud. Find out more at Apps on Demand
Free software training online
All students and staff can use Lynda to learn how to use the software applications, as well as gain skills in many other areas. It's free and works on desktops, tablets and mobiles.
Free software downloads
Deakin students and staff get free access to Office 365, including unlimited storage on OneDrive and free use of a range of other apps. Office 365 enables you to work, study and collaborate anywhere you have access to the internet, on most devices, including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
- How to get Office for free on an Apple Mac
- How to get Office for free on a Windows PC
- Office 365 Knowledge Base articles
On The Hub also has a range of Microsoft, Adobe and other software products available to purchase for staff and students at a discounted rate.
Thank you for your feedback
If there's anything else we can help you with, just ask in the box above.
More help with answering your question
Here are some ways to get more help in answering your question.
Try asking us again
Use the box at the top to ask the question with different words and phrases.
This system works best if you ask one question at a time and use natural language. For example, “How do I set up a print queue” or “What’s my password”.
Send us a support ticket
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for here, you can send us a support ticket.
Or you can call us on the numbers below, Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and weekends 11am-5pm.
|Geelong||03 5227 8888|
|Melbourne||03 9244 6888|
|Warrnambool||03 5563 3888|
|Off-campus||1800 463 888|
|International||+ 61 3 5227 8888|
There was an error submitting you feedback. Please try again later