What can I do with my course in Arabic?
Careers for Arabic graduates
Your communication skills in modern, standard Arabic and contextual knowledge of Middle Eastern history, culture and society will benefit you in a career in international relations, social sciences, immigration, education or human services.
When combined with other qualifications, your fluency in Arabic may enhance your employment opportunities with Australian businesses that trade with the Middle East and North Africa. You could consider organisations that export alumina, wheat, meat and live animals to the Middle East and North Africa.
Skills and attributes
Graduates of Arabic need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Ability to confidently code switch between Arabic and English
- Ability to work with a diverse range of social groups across age groups
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking skills through analytical and conceptual thought
- Sensitive to and appreciative of, cultural difference and diversity
Related roles include:
- Public servant in a state or territory government
Salary and job outlook
You can learn more about graduate salaries and graduates job outcomes for Arabic graduates at Graduate Careers Australia.
Look at industry trends and employment prospects by visiting Australian Government Job Outlook.
Professional associations are an invaluable connection to industry information, networking and professional development opportunities. Most offer student membership discounts. Follow the link to search for professional associations related to your course.