Middle East Studies
What can I do with my course in Middle East Studies?
Careers for Middle East Studies Graduates
Your understanding of the Middle East's history, culture and society including events and issues shaping that part of the world will benefit you in roles in both the public and private sectors.
You can undertake roles in areas such as diplomacy, defence, immigration, education, research, finance, communications, trade and aid, consulting and tourism.
Skills and attributes
Graduates of Middle East Studies need to demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Sophisticated knowledge of Middle Eastern political issues and policy debates
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking skills through analytical and conceptual thought
- Presentation skills
Related roles include:
- Diplomat/foreign affairs officer/trade officer
- Policy analyst or information officer
- International project officer
- Management or education consultant
- Tourism adviser
Some related roles may require further study or experience. Descriptions of occupations, industry career profile, salary and other employment information can be obtained from the My future website.
Salary and job outlook
You can learn more about graduate salaries and graduates job outcomes for environmental health graduates at Graduate Careers Australia.
Look at industry trends and employment prospects by visiting Australian Government Job Outlook.
Professional associations are an invaluable connection to industry information, networking and professional development opportunities. Most offer student membership discounts. Follow the link to search for professional associations related to your course.