All staff involved in applications of ionising radiation must undergo Radiation Safety training presented online through CloudDeakin. Training involves:
- An understanding of radiation safety principles and procedural requirements (verified by completion of a short quiz)
- Induction of your radiation work area
- Completion of a Work Safety Assessment
Important: To gain access to online training you will need to self-register within CloudDeakin and select "Office of Research Integrity". To do so:
- Log into Cloud Deakin
- Click on the More button in the top right of the screen,
- Select Self Registration from the drop down menu,
- Choose the Office of Research Integrity link in the registration page that opens, and
- Click Register.
The site will then appear within the My Sites area of your Cloud Deakin homepage (if you are a staff member, please ensure you look under your student tab).Within the site, select the link to the Radiation Safety Home Page for full details about how to complete each component of the training.
Once all training components are completed, a certificate of completion will be accessible through CloudDeakin which entitles the user to work with radiation at Deakin. This certificate will be valid for 3 years.
If you experience any difficulty with the online training process, please feel free to contact the Radiation Safety Officer.