Sexual Assault Support

The kind of support you need can change over time. You may find that talking to family or friends is all you want, or you might be looking outside your usual networks. It is up to you to decide if, where and when you seek help.

At Deakin

Our services

Ask us about support with:

Centre Against Sexual Assault (CASA)

Supports at Deakin include services provided by the CASA. To make an appointment please refer to the details below for campus specific information.


  • Services provided by Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault ECASA
  • Appointments available every Tuesday on campus in Student Life with a female Counsellor/Advocate.
  • Contact Student Life for an appointment 9244 5577 or email for advice.
  • Contact ECASA directly by phone on 9870 7330 / 9870 7310 or email
  • After hours call 1800 806 292 (Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 24 hours)


  • Services provided by Barwon Centre Against Sexual Assault  BCASA provide priority appointments at the Geelong office.
  • Contact BCASA on 5222 4318 during business hours for an appointment
  • After hours  call 1800 806 292 (Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 24 hours)


  • Services provided by Southwest Centre Against Sexual Assault  SWCASA on the Warrnambool campus during Trimester 1 & 2 only.
  • Contact Student Life for an appointment or email to gain information and advice.
  • Contact SWCASA on  5564 4144 during business hours for an appointment
  • After hours call 1800 806 292 (Sexual Assault Crisis Line – 24 hours)

Outside of Deakin

  • Family and friends: Many survivors find help and support through family and friends, however it can be hard to decide when and who to tell. The following questions might help. Would the person: Respect your privacy? Listen and not blame? Let you decide what to do?
  • National University Sexual Assault Support Line on 1800 572 224
  • National Hotline for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault: 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732)
  • Centres for Sexual Assault (CASA)
  • Private psychological assistance: Ask your GP about your eligibility for a Mental Health Care Plan and for a referral to a private psychologist. Domestic students will be largely covered by Medicare and international students have to check with their overseas health care provider about coverage.
Page custodian: Division of Student Life
Last updated: