If you have just started university or are returning to study after a long break there is often a lot to take in. Here you will find links to essential study support resources for new Deakin students.
Deakin's Get Ready site provides valuable information to new students transitioning to university. Find key resources on student support services, student tools, campus life and more.
Unistart is a self-paced resource that provides essential information on a range of university tools and services to new students.
- learn about CloudDeakin
- find out about IT support at Deakin
- prepare yourself for university study
- prepare yourself to get your dream job
- learn about the Library resources
- All students are automatically enrolled in Unistart. Log in to CloudDeakin via the Current Students page.
- Click on the Member button under the heading My Sites and look for the link to UniStart.
iDeaL is an online tool which you can use to find out which language and communication skills services at Deakin are most relevant to your needs. All new students are required to complete iDeaL in their first week of study.
Introduction to studying at university workshop
The Introduction to studying at university workshops run during orientation week each trimester and provide information and advice about organising studies and developing writing skills. They are held both on-campus and online. They are suitable for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Current session times are listed on the registration page.
1. Register for an on-campus or online workshop
2. To access an online workshop, join the Lync session below. Please only attend the session that you have registered for.
Enter your Deakin student email and password.
- If this is the first time you are using Lync, visit the Deakin Anywhere student wiki before the session.
- If you can't make it, download the workshop PowerPoint presentation (4.14 MB).
Talk to a student mentor
Where can you get reliable information about uni from a student perspective? There are a number of peer mentor programs at Deakin to get you onto a good start at uni. Attend the Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS) program or drop in to see a Students Helping Students (SHS) peer mentor.