If you have just started university or are returning to study after a long break there is often a lot to take in. Start by checking out Get Ready - here you will find valuable information for new students transitioning to university. Next browse through the resources here to find links to essential study support resources and programs for new Deakin students.
Introduction to studying at University workshop
The Introduction to studying at university workshops run during orientation week each trimester and provide information and advice on study skills. Attend campus or cloud (online) workshops. Suitable for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
1. Register for a campus or cloud (online) workshop. Session times are listed on the registration page.
2. To access a cloud (online) workshop, join the Lync session below. Please only attend the session that you have registered for.
Enter your Deakin student email and password.
- If you can't make it, download the workshop PowerPoint presentation.
Unistart is a self-paced resource that provides essential information on a range of university tools and services to new students.
Unistart will help you:
- learn about CloudDeakin and IT support
- prepare yourself for university study
- learn about the Library resources and Career services
All students are automatically enrolled in Unistart. Log in to CloudDeakin via the Current Students page. Look for the link to Unistart under the heading My Sites.
Watch the video for more information.
iDeaL is an online tool which you can use to find out which language and communication skills services at Deakin are most relevant to your needs. All new students are required to complete iDeaL in their first week of study.
Talk to a student mentor
Where can you get reliable information about uni from a student perspective? There are a number of peer mentor programs at Deakin to get you off to a good start at uni.
- Students Helping Students Drop-in station
- Students Helping Students Hub
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)