Other institution exams
Deakin University offers examination services to institutions, or to students studying through other institutions. Venues are available in Melbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool or one of our many world wide venues.
Deakin University can supervise your examinations on weekdays all year round, except for some public holidays. We do not currently arrange weekend examinations. Contact us to check availability.
A quote can be arranged upon request. Costs will vary according to student numbers and examination duration. There is a set rate for individual students requesting to sit examinations.
Examinations can be arranged at the following campuses, and one of our exam locations around Australia and overseas. The links below provide you with an overview of the campus and transport and parking information.
- Melbourne Burwood Campus is a thriving metropolitan campus located at 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood.
- Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus is located on the western edge of Geelong at 75 Pigdons Road, Waurn Ponds.
- Warrnambool Campus is set on the banks of the picturesque Hopkins River on the Princes Highway.
- Other locations are available
Deakin University has over 300 examination venues around Australia and world wide. View Cloud campus unit exams. Contact us to determine which venue best meets your needs and its availability. Four weeks notice is generally required to make these arrangements.
Terms and conditions
- Morning examination sessions begin at 9 am and afternoon examination sessions begin at 1.30 pm. Reading time, if permitted, begins at these times.
- If you do not contact Deakin University to cancel your examination at least 24 hours prior to your allocated examination session, you or your institution will be charged for the examination.
- Deakin University will invoice institutions directly for the costs of all examinations as soon as possible after the examinations are complete for that institution. Terms are payment in $AUD within 30 days of date of issue of the invoice.
- If the student is required to pay their own examination expenses, Deakin University will directly invoice the student. This will include instructions on how to pay.
- It is the responsibility of the institution to ensure that all examination papers are received by Deakin University one week prior to the first examination.
- The institution should clearly note which Campus they have allocated for the student/s in question on the examination material.
- Examination papers and material should be clearly labelled with the subject title and number, the scheduled date, time and duration of the examination and detailed instructions for the supervisor.
- Where possible, the institution should provide self-addressed envelopes or courier bags for return of examinations and scripts. Deakin University will return completed examinations and scripts to the institution as soon as possible following the examination session.
- If a location is being used which is not a Deakin campus, exams can generally only be conducted within a scheduled Deakin exam period.