Applying for a release
Please read this information carefully. Incomplete or incorrect applications will be rejected and you will be required to submit a new application. This will result in delays processing your request.
All students are required to meet with a Compliance Officer to discuss their release application. Your application cannot be processed if you have not met with a Compliance Officer and had your application form signed.
- Fill in the release application form. The application form must be typed, not hand-written.
- You must complete all sections on the form except section 5. This will be completed by the Compliance Officer at your interview. All other sections are mandatory. Do not date your form until you meet the Compliance Officer. After your have typed your form, you should print it out and sign it.
- You MUST come to see a Compliance Officer at the drop-in-centre at the Burwood campus. The drop-in-centre is located in Deakin Central at counter number 7. You will need to take a ticket from the ticketing machine and press the "Compliance/Visas" option to see a Compliance Officer.
- Collect all of the supporting documentation to support your application. Details of the type of documentation required can be found on the application form.
- You must bring your completed application form and all of your supporting documentation to your interview with a Compliance Officer.
- Once you have met with a Compliance Officer, you will be advised how to submit your application by email.
- Your application will take up to 10 working days to process. The response will be sent to the email address you provide us on your form.
Please note: If you want to apply for both a release and refund, you must lodge your release application first, wait for a response and only submit your refund application after you have received a release outcome letter. If you submit your release and refund applications together at the same time, your refund application will be rejected and you will need to submit a new refund application after you have received your release outcome letter.