Do you want to assist new students to make a smooth start at Deakin? Are you enthusiastic, approachable, motivated and reliable? Do you have good communication and leadership skills? Do you have excellent campus knowledge? Then Connect is the program for you.
What is Connect?
Connect is a volunteer program that aims to help new students make a successful start at Deakin by assisting with events, activities and resources during Orientation and throughout the trimester. Connect Leaders are senior Deakin students who are carefully selected to provide friendly, practical and competent assistance.
Connect Leaders will undertake the following tasks:
- Take part in the International Student Welcome Day held during Orientation period
- Provide ground support to first year students during Orientation Week and Week 1
- Organise and participate in activities during Orientation and throughout the trimester
- Provide campus, local and city tours where necessary
- Conduct student surveys
By participating in the full range of Connect Leader activities you will receive the following:
- Connect t-shirt
- $70 on your Deakin Card
- Certificate of Recognition
- Exclusive updates and opportunities on campus throughout the trimester
Overall commitment to this position will be for one trimester with the possibility to be extended through to 2017.
- Training: Mid June, To Be Confirmed
International Student Welcome and University Orientation
- Welcome Area:
- Burwood Campus - Tuesday 4 July 2017 - Friday 14 July 2017
- Geelong Waurn Ponds - Tuesday 4 July 2017 - Friday 14 July 2017
- Geelong Waterfront - Tuesday 4 July 2017 - Friday 14 July 2017
- Warrnambool - Monday 3 July 2017 - Friday 7 July 2017