Public Transport Travel Concessions

Individual students may be eligible for Public Transport Travel Concessions, please see below for further details.

Domestic Students

You can print your Travel Concession form from StudentConnect once you are enrolled and then you can take it to your nearest participating Public Transport Office for processing.

Deakin students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents or students with refugee status or studying as part of an approved overseas exchange program, are eligible for a concession, as long as they are studying full time, in an on campus undergraduate course.

Deakin students are issued concession cards for the calendar year in which they are enrolled.  If StudentConnect says you are ineligible for a concession card or you are given a six month concession card you may be enrolled incorrectly, or are enrolled as a part time student for part of the year.  If you believe you are entitled to a concession card for the full calendar year please visit Student Central in person.

International Students

The Victorian Government has announced that eligible international students will have access to discounted public transport travel from 2015.

The discounted myki passes will be valid for Zones 1 + 2 or for the relevant regional zone depending on where the student's education institution is located.

Interested students should visit Student Central to apply.  Once eligibility is verified, a unique code will be supplied that will enable them to purchase discounted myki cards online from PTV.  For further information, visit PTV.

Contact Us

Please direct any Public Transport Travel Concession enquiries to
Student Central

03 9244 6333 or


Page custodian: Campus Services
Last updated: