Apply for a course transfer if you want to change your enrolment to a new course, campus or mode
Who can apply?
Any student who is currently enrolled in an award course can apply to transfer.
You must re-enrol in your existing course by the re-enrolment deadline if your Course/Campus Transfer Application form has not been processed. By re-enrolling you avoid the late re-enrolment fee. Please refer to your Faculty specific course transfer rules when applying:
Reasons you should apply
You apply for a course transfer for the following reasons:
- changing courses
- changing mode (between cloud and campus)
- changing campus (from one campus to another)
Seek advice before you apply
Before applying for a course transfer, you should contact a faculty course adviser for advice.
- Contact your current course adviser
- Contact the course adviser from your intended course(s). If you are unsure which area of the University to contact please look for the course in The Handbook to find contact information.
- Selection for course transfers is based on availability of places and academic performance.
- If approved, a course transfer may increase the time it takes to complete your degree as all the units you've completed so far may not count towards your new course.
- International students should consider how a course transfer may affect their visa status.
How to apply
You need to complete a Course/CampusTransfer application form (PDF, 1.1 MB) and submit it to the faculty:
|Faculty of Arts and Educationemail@example.com|
|Faculty of Business and Lawfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Faculty of Healthemail@example.com|
|Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environmentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Submission of the application does not guarantee a course transfer. Selection is based on availability of places and academic performance.
When to apply
Deadlines for submission of a course transfer to a faculty are:
|International students||Domestic students|
|Trimester 2 2016||6 June 2016||30 June 2016|
|Trimester 3 2016||30 September 2016||30 October 2016|
|Trimester 1 2017||28 October 2016||30 November 2016|
Outcome of your application
You will be notified by your Faculty about the outcome of your application.
If unsuccessful please discuss your options with your for your Faculty course adviser.
Processing of your Course Transfer
When processed your course change will be seen in StudentConnect.
Please note if you are studying in the current trimester, your course transfer won't be processed until results have been released.
If you have any questions about the progress of your application contact your Faculty course adviser.