Useful websites for self-learning (Pronunciation)
Having problems with your pronunciation? Try these web sites, they will show you how to pronounce words correctly.
- English Pronunciation Practice: pronunciation exercises. Uses American English.
- Interactive Pronunciation Exercises: Exercises to help with -ed endings and stress intonation patterns.
- Pronunciation Practice 1
- Pronunciation Practice 2
- Intonation (falling/rising tones- when our voice goes up or down).
- Fantastic Voyage: Narrated voyage of the throat from the National Center for Voice and Speech.
- TESL Journals: links page.
- English-online Pronunciation course: You can study a short course in pronunciation. There are seventeen units for you to practice minimal pairs. Each unit has four parts.
- Ship or Sheep: There are 29 units for pronunciation practice organised by minimal pairs at this site. It also links through to British vowel pronunciation. You can listen and repeat what you hear.
Page custodian: Deakin International Last updated: