Useful websites for self-study (Writing)
Use the following websites to revise what you have learnt in the classroom and to improve your overall writing skills:
- Deakin Student Learning
- TLS Student Learning: General study skills, academic essay writing & exam techniques
- The Writing Centre: This site will help you with writing introductions and conclusions. Examples are also provided.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant: An interactive online writing tutorial.
- A Guide to Grammar and Writing: With over 400 references related to grammar and writing, you might find your answer here!
- Report Writing 2:
- The structure of a Sentence:
- Simple Sentences
- Communication strategies for Scientists and Engineers
- Academic literacy site
- MakeBeliefsComix.com: provides templates and tools for creating comics.
- Plain English at Work: a guide to help organisations develop English documents.
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab: An excellent writing resource on the web.
- Yes English Guide to Punctuation: tutorial covering all aspects of this subject.
- Annotated Sample Essay: This annotated essay is suitable for UP students and identifies what makes a good essay.
- Essay Writing: This has a good guide to writing an essay of 250-600 words. It uses the 5 paragraph structure and is useful for Elicos 1 – UP2 and IELTS.
- Online Writing Support: Another excellent resource for helping you with academic and general writing is from Towson University. The site is suitable for UP students and the grammar is also suitable for EL1.
Page custodian: Deakin International Last updated: