Useful websites for self-study (Writing)
Use the following websites to revise what you have learnt in the classroom and to improve your overall writing skills:
- Deakin Student Learning
- TLS Student Learning: General study skills, academic essay writing & exam techniques
- The Writing Centre: This site will help you with writing introductions and conclusions. Examples are also provided.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant: An interactive online writing tutorial.
- Academic Writing: Writing module: created by Victoria University (in New Zealand). You can practice all aspects of essay writing.
- Case Study Report Writing: The site contains sample reports and exercises to help you write case studies and reports.
- A Guide to Grammar and Writing: With over 400 references related to grammar and writing, you might find your answer here!
- An Interactive Grammar and Writing Book: Sentence Sense 17 chapters of information and exercises: start at Chapter One for simple sentence practice. Go to Chapter 8 for problems with run-on sentences, sentence fragments and other usage problems.
- Report Writing 2:
- The structure of a Sentence:
- Simple Sentences 1
- Simple Sentences 2
- Communication strategies for Scientists and Engineers
- Academic literacy site
- eSKILLS UNE: A good site for information literacy and essay writing; useful site for essay writing techniques.
- MakeBeliefsComix.com: provides templates and tools for creating comics.
- Plain English at Work: a guide to help organisations develop English documents.
- Purdue University Online Writing Lab: An excellent writing resource on the web.
- Yes English Guide to Punctuation: tutorial covering all aspects of this subject.
- UNSW Report Writing FAQ
- Academic Writing: Writing module created by Victoria University (in New Zealand). You can practise all aspects of essay writing.
- Annotated Sample Essay: This annotated essay is suitable for UP students and identifies what makes a good essay.
- Essay Writing: This has a good guide to writing an essay of 250-600 words. It uses the 5 paragraph structure and is useful for Elicos 1 – UP2 and IELTS.
- Online Writing Support: Another excellent resource for helping you with academic and general writing is from Towson University. The site is suitable for UP students and the grammar is also suitable for EL1.
Page custodian: Deakin International Last updated: