Services and facilities
As a DUELI student, you will have access to a wide range of services, facilities and support designed to make your time at DUELI more rewarding and productive, both academically and personally. These services include:
DUELI students will receive a range of support services, which include:
- Assistance with finding accommodation
- on-campus counsellors to assist with academic, professional and
- personal issues
- on-campus medical and health services
- Disability Resource Centre
- sporting facilities including a state-of-the-art gymnasium and sports hall
- optional one-year free membership to Deakin University Student Association (DUSA)
- free four-week introductory membership at Deakin's fitness centres at the Melbourne Burwood and Geelong Waurn Ponds campuses
- financial assistance
- food services
Deakin University understands air travel can be an exhausting experience which is why it offers a free arrival service. In order for you to enjoy this service, you will need to complete the Airport Reception form.
DUELI conducts a two-day orientation program which is compulsory for all new students. Students must attend orientation so they can:
- sit the DUELI placement test in order to be placed in the right course
- receive important and useful information about their courses and life in Australia
- get their student ID card and number
- activate an IT account.
For more information, visit the Homestay accommodation page.
The DUELI Student Advisers can assist you with all your general, welfare and under-18-students'-related queries. DUELI students are urged to contact the DUELI Student Advisers listed below with their concerns. The advisers are available on Melbourne Burwood Campus and are your first point of contact
on many issues, including student and work visas. They are dedicated to the needs of DUELI students and are committed to helping you achieve your full potential.
Telephone: 9251 7151
Melbourne Burwood Campus, Entrance 3, Building LA, Room 5.108
Student Issues: Under 18 students - all issues, homestay - placement, issues, moving and further accommodation options, DUELI airport reception.
Telephone: 9244 5425
Melbourne Burwood Campus, Entrance 3, Building LA, Room 5.107
Student Issues: General and welfare issues, attendance issues.
If you need any further information, please contact us.