Meet with Deakin University
If you're a future international student currently living, or travelling through Australia, don't miss out on the opportunity to meet with a Deakin representative and discuss your career opportunities.
We hold events in Melbourne and around Australia for future international students to learn more about studying at Deakin University. These sessions are fun, conversational, and are all about you! View the events below to explore opportunities to meet with us.
For more information about Deakin, continue reading below.
Deakin University is renowned for its outstanding student support, its four vibrant and friendly campuses, and its flexible study modes and options. Deakin boasts the latest teaching and learning technologies and has won several recognitions for its teaching and research success.
You can take advantage of the many pathways that lead to study at Deakin. Among them, Deakin College and Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI) are located on campus and offer direct pathways to the University.
Deakin has won numerous education awards and consistently receives high rankings by various independent research organisations, including;
- Ranked in the Top 3% of universities worldwide according to all major international university rankings –Times Higher Education (THE), QS and ARWU.
- Ranked 36 in the world in the QS Top 50 Universities Under 50 Years, and 45 in the world in Times Higher Education 100 Under 50.
- Ranked in the Top 1% of universities in the world for Education and Training, Politics, Accounting and Finance, Psychology, History and Archaeology, Sociology, and Law.
- Ranked 3rd in the world for Sports Management in the Sports Business International 2014 Postgraduate Sports Course Rankings.
- 5-star rated university, awarded by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
- Ranked second in Australia for Careers Advice, fifth for Employability and sixth for Work Experience in the 2014 International Student Barometer (ISB) survey.
Most Deakin University courses are open to international applicants. To view the full range of courses, use the links below.
- Architecture and built environment
- Arts, humanities and social sciences
- Creative arts
- Education and teaching
- Entertainment and Media
- Information systems
- Information technology
- International studies and languages
- Medical imaging
- Nursing and midwifery
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Politics and policy
- Property and real estate
- Writing and literature
If you're an international student currently living in Australia, don't miss out on the opportunity to study at Deakin on a reduced-fee, or full-fee scholarship.
There are two main scholarships available for international students.
To apply for the above scholarships, please complete the below PDF application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current VCE international students may also be eligible to apply for the Business Bursaries for International VCE students.
To view the full list of scholarships, visit the scholarships webpage.
Australia boasts a strong, diverse and comprehensive workforce, with plentiful career opportunities for students and graduates.
The Deakin University Jobshop has information about finding work, job listings, and resources to help students find part-time work whilst studying.
Students wishing to make their CV 'stand out', might be interested in joining a student mobility program, getting involved in work integrated learning opportunities or becoming a faculty leader and ambassador.
International students should be mindful that while their course is ‘in session’, their student visa restricts them to a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight. Students may work unlimited hours during the trimester breaks and holidays. For more information, refer to the Compliance webpage.
For more information about courses, applications, scholarships and information for international students visit the International Students page.
Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI) Festival
Building LA, Entrance 3
70 Elgar Road
Burwood VIC 3125
Throughout 2016, the Deakin University English Language School hosts a monthly cultural event, inviting future and current students to get involved with campus life. All are welcome, simply turn up on the day!
|Date||DUELI Festival Theme|
|17 March, 2016||Latin America|
|21 April, 2016||TBC|
|26 May, 2016||Middle Eastern|
|30 June, 2016||Japanese Festival|
|11 August, 2016||Olympic Games|
|15 September, 2016||Mid-Autumn Festival|
|27 October, 2016||Diwali|
|8 December, 2016||Christmas|
For more information about DUELI Festival, email email@example.com.